ACLC Sponsoring for Events
ACLC can provide funding to its members (staff and PhD candidates) for the organization of research activities, such as workshops, conferences, seminars and public lectures.
Guidelines for funding
- Local: max. € 250
- National: max. € 500
- International: max. € 1,000
- Special events: € at the discretion of the research director
Conditions for funding
- The event is organized by an ACLC member and is relevant and open to other ACLC researchers
- The event preferably takes place in Amsterdam
- The funding application is sent well in advance of the event or deadline for submissions and includes a short description of the event, the names of the organizers and a budget
- At least one month before the event or the deadline for submissions, ACLC receives an announcement in English for the website and the newsletter
- ACLC is acknowledged in all materials related to the event as a sponsor
- ACLC does not cover fees to speakers
- ACLC only sponsors events that are inclusive and respect diversity
Applications can be submitted continuously via email@example.com and are assessed by the ACLC research director.
ACLC Networking grants and fellowships
The ACLC offers two types of networking grants, as described below. These types of funding are available on a first come first serve basis. They cover travel and accommodation costs only.
ACLC Flash Visit grant
The ACLC offers up to four small grants (700 euros) per year to make it possible for a Research Group to:
- Invite external collaborators from Europe for a short visit (a few days or a week) during which they can join specific RG activities, give an ACLC seminar, and collaborate with their host RG on a specific project, or
- Allow a member of a specific RG to pay a short visit to a collaborating team in Europe. This way ACLC members can also join external partners for a couple of days of intensive work.
This grant is meant for ACLC members to pay a very short visit to collaborators in universities in Europe, or for collaborators to visit an ACLC Research Group for a very short period of time (a "flash visit") to engage in intensive work. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the application form for a Small Grant / flash visit.
If you are on a D-contract (i.e, "docent" without research time), but do participate actively in ACLC activities as a full member of an ACLC Research Group, you can apply for the Small Grant to (partially) cover the costs for networking and research development during a conference visit. Due to our restricted budget, such applications will be funded on a case-by-case basis upon decision of the research school director in consultation with the research group coordinator.
ACLC Short Visit fellowship
The ACLC also offers two fellowships (1500 euros) per year to invite potential collaborators or visit their university for a short visit (longer than a flash visit) to develop/write a specific grant proposal, or set-up a valorisation project. This grant is meant for ACLC members to pay a short visit to collaborators in universities in Europe, or for such collaborators to visit a Research Group for a short period of time to engage in intensive work. The stay must have clearly defined objectives and related activities which can lead to outputs that are measurable by our community standards (e.g., workshop/conference, grant, valorisation project, thematic volume, etc.). Please contact email@example.com for the application form for a ACLC fellowshiop / short visit.
The Faculty Research Fund
Research funds are available to researchers and PhDs employed by the Faculty whose research time is charged to the government/direct funding (“eerste geldstroom”).
The maximum amount for research expenses to be reimbursed per researcher is € 1,200, including PhD candidates, whose research hours are charged to the government/direct funding (“eerste geldstroom”). The research fund can be used to meet the costs of conference attendance, research trips, and publication expenses. Researchers and PhD candidates who are working with human test subjects can request an additional € 1,000 per year for the small compensations they are giving their test subjects.
The Faculty guidelines and application form can be downloaded via the link below.